Thursday, April 7, 2011

The End!!!

Yes ( no, wait.. NOOOO!!!).... Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's has ended exactly one week ago. Before I continue with this post, I admit that I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! XDXD
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's !!!!!
           It was the year 2008 when I first heard about it. Fresh after finishing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, I saw the preview of 5D's.....and was speechless. I was like, CARD GAMES ON MOTORBIKES!!!!?!?! At that time, I was like I duwanna watch lor like that. However, curiosity got the better of me and I watched the first few episodes. Then, I thought
           Hmmm, it's not a bad idea after all. =D
           To me, what was cool about it was the story. It was good as it targeted a more mature audience. Not to mention that most of the cast are more mature. The cards used might be a little overpowered but the idea of synchros is a good idea and it really brought a fresh breath into the Yu-Gi-Oh series. Interaction between characters are deeper and better in this series than in the previous franchises. Storyline was better as well.
            Although some of the filler episodes and some of the characters are not that interesting, the idea of card games on motorcycles is still a bit hard to accept, the characters' script is not that great, some of the main characters don't get much of the limelight ( eg: Ruka, Rua, Aki etc), and some of the cards in the last season can pwn Obelisk like mad (eg: Grannel, Asterisks, Halberd Cannon, Temporal Machines, etc) it's still a nice series to watch. Now, Yu-Gi-Oh ! Zexal will air in another week and I not quite sure whether I'll be interested in it as the franchise has gone back to kids and not teens. However, that's just my opinion and I would also give Zexal a try..XD Overall, it was one heck of a ride and 5D's has been a cool show.

( Ps: Please note that I do not own this series and everything listed in this post is just my opinion. If you think otherwise and that what I'm saying here is pure nonsense, please refrain from posting it here coz you're going to piss off more fans that way.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment